Friday, August 17, 2012

"Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows", by J.K. Rowling

 Have you ever read a series that reeled you in from book one and did not release you until you had read the very last word of the final book?
This is what I experienced with the Harry Potter series.
Avidly, I read my way through books one, two, three, four, five, and six. The books seemed to grow with the character. As Harry became older and discovered more of the often dangerous world around him, the books became darker and more intense.
Each one pulled back a layer of the many mysteries surrounding the person of Harry Potter, and in each one I got to know Harry better and like him even more. 
At last, partly reluctant, mostly excited, I started book seven, "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows."
I was reluctant because I did not want the series to end. I did not want to finish the book and realize that no more would follow it.
I was excited because yet another chapter in the life of Harry Potter was unfolding. I sensed the imminent climax, the feeling that everything I had read in the other 6 books, everything that had occurred in the life of Harry Potter heretofore, was about to culminate in something big…
But even these premonitions could not have prepared me for the rising action and climactic end of the Harry Potter series.
To tell you even a little of what happened would give away too much.
The book made me laugh. It made me cry. It made me bite my knuckles in barely containable excitement.
All in all, “Harry Potter” is a series that I know I will be re-reading many times in the future.
Admittedly, it’s not for everyone. (After all, if we all liked the same books the world would be a pretty boring place.)
But if you are a fantasy fan who is looking for an engrossing, magical series with colorful characters that you can relate to and who become real to you, “Harry Potter” might just be for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment